So here we are, 18 weeks into this journey, and if you can’t tell – i’m deliriously HAPPY. It’s to the point now, where I am deliberately censoring what I say to people and what I blog about because I don’t want to be that ‘crazy pregnant girl that doesn’t shut up’.
I don’t meant to overtalk, it’s just that I find it fascinating and fun to go through this – everything is a joy!
This fortnight I’ve had more painful round ligament stretching coupled with a backache, but my energy is back up and I’ve been eating really well.
I am very aware of how lucky I am and use this positivity to see us through the rest of the pregnancy. I’m becoming more and more confident and comfortable with my body and how ‘this’ all works. I’m very proud to be where I am, and am savouring each ache and pain just as much as I am savouring each kick and heartbeat.
In 2 weeks time, we will find out the gender of the baby – so I’ve added a poll to the blog and have been looking up oldwives tales about predicting the sex. I thought it’d be fun to list what has happened so far and see whether any of those oldwives are true…
Cravings – mayonnaise, butter (I hadn’t bought butter in about 8 years before now), icecream, jellybeans, whipped cream. Everything else I’ve eaten has been a once/twice off thing – but these things have been constant and I *have* to have them. I’m definately craving more sweet, than savoury. But I won’t say no to a pie, lol.
Bump – it seems to be low? And it looks ‘long’ but I think that’s because I have a long torso.
Chinese gender prediction chart – this one says GIRL, this one says BOY
Old wives tale gender predicator – this survey thing says 60% chance of a girl, 40% chance of a boy
My friend Gun says that based on his beliefs, I’m having a boy because I’m not glowing, lol.
Madame Zaritska says The day you deliver, outside will be cloudy. Your baby will arrive in the afternoon.
After a labor lasting approximately 22 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 8 pounds, 14 ounces, and will be 17 inches long. This child will have dark brown eyes and some blond hair.
edited to add –
Baby’s heartbeat at 12 weeks was 168bpm – they say that if it’s higher than 150bpm it’s a girl
First movements were felt at around 11-12 weeks (the butterflies). First kicks (though not big ones) at 17-18 weeks.
And also ..
My maternal instinct? Earlier on and until recently, I was convinced it’s a girl but now I think it’s a boy.
Either way, I will be revealing soon after we find out because I believe that it’s a surprise whether we find out now or when the baby’s here. We do have names picked out for either, and my wallet is prepared for a little retail therapy finally!